View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
grma24luvs

Default need help regarding this quilt

Hi
I'm new here, but i have really enjoyed all the reading i've been doing. such talent here! Hope someone can help me with this.
I am making a quilt for a friend of mine who is a piano teacher and at the beginning of the year he accidently managed to cut 3 fingers off his left hand. (index, middle and ring) ouch! so he only has stubs there. But instead of feeling sorry for himself he has been inspired by God to compose several hymns we sing at our congregation. So I took his picture and am making this quilt.
my problem is this: in the dark starry sky I am doing a swirl out of clef lines....I want to have the notes to his songs coming up off the piano into the heavens.......so, is it ok to start with the first note at the farthest end of the piano and work backward to the piano.....(does that make sense to anyone) i want it to look as though the music is reaching out to the heavens, but that makes the notes look like they are backward....reading them from right to left then......did I manage to convey this right?
I am not musical so the notes in either direction would be the same to me, lol......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361886[/ATTACH]

Virginia
Attached Thumbnails 1rljhbjxcaofgptebvlsnbnzivscc.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-10-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: replace offsite link with resized pic