View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
alisonquilts

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I try to limit myself to 3.

Now, having said that - I have a pile of scraps I was just eyeing today. Will you share the pattern/technique that got you inspired?
The pattern is just a square framed by rectangles, like the individual blocks in this photo:[ATTACH=CONFIG]361877[/ATTACH]
(The frame is two rectangles 4.5 inches x 1.5 inches, and two rectangles 2.5 inches x 1.5 inches; the middle square is 2.5 inches) You can quickly cut zilllions of sets of rectangles, and zillions of squares, and then mix and match.

The technique is string piecing on a foundation; I'm afraid I can't find the post. The person posting used 6 1/2 inch square backing; I'm doing 4 1/2 so my finished "box" squares and the string pieced squares could be used in the same quilt(s) if I want. This technique uses up all the offcuts of long skinny bits left after I've cut the 2 1/2" squares and 1 1/2" strips for the rectangles!

I admire people who keep their scraps organized by width and shape and value, but I just ain't there yet. I think this system will work better for me...but ask me again in fourteen years!!

Alison
Attached Thumbnails jungle-quilt-front.jpg