Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Ellageo

Originally Posted by taiboo View Post
I was asked if I would be willing to make a quilt out of clothes of a loved one that passed away - I guess the person that passed has child/children (and the grandmother asked if it was possible do this - to give the kids as they get older.

I am calling the family today to discuss - I've never made one out of clothes before.

Thoughts???

Thanks
Kimberly
YES! My thought is YES! Do it. I have 3 stepdaughters (in their 30's)who lost their Mom, I used blouses they picked out & made each a 'throw' quilt. My best friend lost her husband, she has a throw quilt..I call them "Hugs from Heaven" The girls LOVE them , as does Katie. Here is just 2 of them. I took pics of their clothes & then the quilt. They remember their Mom wearing the clothes & that makes them happy.I also made a personal card up with a nice saying in each . The clothing of loved ones passed only stay in the closet so long...those quilts will stay forever. The quilts all have a 'star' theme...they explained to the grandchildren that their Grandma was now a 'star in heaven'
Attached Thumbnails img_2296.jpg   img_2321-2-.jpg   img_2113.jpg  

Last edited by Ellageo; 09-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.