View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
actively at any one time?

I have spent the last couple of months taming my backlog of scraps from the past 14 years of quilting (that's alotta scraps). I had postponed dealing with them because I am not really into scrappies, and because other, more interesting projects kept coming up. Then I saw a pattern in a book, and a technique on the Board, and I got all inspired to make a TON of blocks that (someday) I will turn into a quilt (or six). Now I have a scrap management framework, and I can deal with my scraps as I generate them. Yay for me!

So today I decided to turn out the closet that holds my stash in order to find fabrics for my next regular quilt (the William-Morris-fabric bargello quilt that I have been eager to start for months...). I found tons and tons of great fabrics that will work well with each other and I also found...another giant tote box full of scraps!! Aargh!!! So now I will go back to cutting and "processing" scraps until I get the decks cleared again and can start my planned, non-scrappy quilt because I can only work on one project at a time!

How about you?

Alison
Actively maybe be the sticky point-------------but right now, I've got two dresses for my GD cut out-or partially cut out. Two personal sized quilts going----------one close to being done. And 4 reversible cable scarves in the knitting bag.

AND I TOOK MY FIRST SPINNING LESSON SATURDAY--------------the alpaca fleece to yarn kind of spinning. I'm using a drop spindle. (like I need another bad habit!)