View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
cad_queen_2000

I have about 6 - 8 "donater" lap tops, 3 queen size, 2 double, and one 1 (mystery quilt) carpenters star top to sandwich and quilt. Oh yes, and one baby quilt top. I have a single top sandwiched and basted in my hoop (which is about a quarter quilted), and a matching pillow sham.

I have a maple leaf quilt with 72 leaves cut out, and about 12 of them are hand appliqued onto squares, (of which 4 are embroidered). I have an apple core quilt that I have started to cut out.

I have a queen size scrappy, that I designed (with 2" finished squares), and cut out, but have not yet started to sew them together.

Not to mention the block of the month kit my sister gave me, with one block missing, that i will have to design and try to find fabric that will play well with the rest of the blocks (it is from 1994), but I have 11 of the blocks completed and sewn together.

And to top it off, my fellow Senior Quilter Ladies and I visited a Quilt store a couple of days ago, that we have never been to before, where we saw a neat little bag. We tried to buy the pattern, but they said it wasn't for sale. We tried to buy the bag, but sadly, they said it was one of their class projects and not for sale. So I spent all morning putting this bag together. I showed the ladies, and they said it looked just like the one we saw. I am now making 6 of them for the rest of the ladies.

yikes!! I didn't realize that I had so many on the go. Guess I better hunker down and finish some of these projects! I also just got a new sewing machine 2 weekends ago (which I have been playing with and getting to know), a house that needs a good cleaning, and I just purchased 3 new James Patterson books (I like to read).

I wish the quilt fairies would come clean my house, and weed my garden............. siggghhhhh.....