View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
mwhite

Red face Moving to Florida soon Need advice

Hello everyone! I love reading the posts here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, must be quilters around somewhere, lol. So, my daughter is getting laid off in a couple months and we are looking at a chance to make a life change. We moved to NM 20 years ago, and we like it but... well they told us the winters were warm here, NOT!!! I now have rheumatoid arthritis and several other boring things going on and have been told to find somewhere lower in elevation and warmer in the winter for some relief if possible. My youngest has never seen the ocean, poor child. I spent some time in lower AL and upper FL but that was a long time ago. I am wondering about a few things. How hard to find a pet friendly place to live, probably a rental for now. We will look to buy when we know for sure where we want to stay, but at first we just want to look around a bit. My daughter is a Vet. Assistant with lots of experience and has several leads on jobs already. I of course will want to find quilting supplies. I like to grow flowers and garden a bit, my daughter loves to grow roses. We want some place small town like, but probably close to a bigger city for jobs and such. Any ideas on great places, places to stay away from, favorites, or what ever.
Thanks for reading, sorry so long.