View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM
yayaquilts

Hi all! I just returned from our fascinating and fun trip to Wash DC, Virginia, and Outer Banks, North Carolina! It was quite hot and humid and we had "pouring rain" and thunder/lightning! Rain in San Diego is nothing compared to the East/South that's for sure!! Surprisingly though, it's hot and more humid here than usual-darn!! Thought we left that weather on the east coast!

I received two fantastic patriotic blocks from Dotty (dotcomdtcm) and Linda (ljdugas31). Thank you both and thanks for returning the scraps which I am sure I will be using when putting my quilts together!! pictures later!

I received squishies from Carolyn R and Lori-ann Mosher! Wish I could start the search for matching fabrics! Unfortunately I can't since my youngest granddaughter is napping in my sewing room. (My daughter, SIL, and 3 grandbabies (5, 2, 1) have moved in with us for about a month, waiting on a condo they are hoping to buy. Things will be a bit chaotic around our otherwise quiet big house and I doubt I'll be getting much sewing done while they are here. They are surely quite a busy family! It's great having them here, don't get me wrong---just exhausting!!!!