View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
maviskw

Well ! ! !Jeanne, and I thought I wrote long posts! LOL I have so many quilts in different stages of development, I have lost count. People are giving me these things, and I just can't say no. I have 72 Dresden Plates that are almost ready to applique onto backgrounds and the circles are almost all turned with backing on. I have spent years thinking of how I will finish it off. Right now I'm thinking QSYG, with different flower prints on the back which are then seamed and folded over onto the front. Each Plate will be surrounded by a different flower pattern. I have several Pizza boxes of blocks from other people or that I made myself, that someday will make a quilt. My granddaughter's quilt even has her name on it. The thing that gets me going is Quilt Show. I have to get the class quilt finished, and then I have to decide which other ones I can work on. I need the pressure to get something done. The other things will get finished someday, if not by me, then by someone else. That's why I have each one in a "kit", so that anyone will be able to pick up that bag and finish it.