View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I've been wanting one badly. My step brother took my mom's and said it was his mom's. It had my mom's name in the manual and everything, but he took it anyway. Broke my heart. But I bought a Singer 99K and had it tuned up for $79 and have never sewn on it and want to give it away because it's sitting on my piano bench, so I'm wondering if that will happen if I buy a Featherweight also. I already have a Bernina I use all the time and a Viking in my closet. Then I read up above where you have to learn how to thread it and I started thinking, oh no, don't want to do that. At least the 99K is threaded already. I don't even know anything about the 99K. I have the manual, bobbins and needles. No extra feet. If I were to get a Featherweight, I would want one in excellent condition, with a manual, with bobbins and extra feet and anything else that could come with it. It would have to come with the power cord, for sure. I don't want one that was someone else's headache. So, I know people have bought them dirt cheap, but were they in excellent shape and come with everything I want? I would pay the extra money to get what I want, not something I have to scour the net finding parts for, like a power cord and manual and feet. Maybe it's easy to find all that, I don't know, but check first.