View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
You're not kidding - getting the needle in correctly is a challenge. I finally made a spreadsheet that I keep handy in my sewing room with basic information on my machines so that I am not digging in the manuals each time I use one of the machines. I have about 13 machines that I use and the needles can sit three different ways and thus they needed threaded three different ways. The vertical bobbin fits in some cases with thread clockwise and others in counter-clockwise. Same with the horizontal bobbin; some go in clockwise and others go in counter-clockwise. Finally, the flywheels on all of my electrics and most of the treadles are turned counter-clockwise; the WW9 is turned clockwise! I was going nuts with all of the differences and I was wearing out all of the manuals - LOL.
This is what I have been thinking of doing. I wasn't sure if I should use a small notebook with divided sections for each machine or use a recipe box and use index cards for each machine. I don't know how to do a spreadsheet so it's the 'old fashioned' way for me!