Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
Does anyone have a diagram of the upper threading of a Eldredge or National two spool? TIA Lee
Lee I will post a photo later, but here is the jest of how to thread a Two Spools! Turn the hand wheel toward you until the take-up is at the highest point. Draw the thread from the spool between disks of the top thread guide - there is a slot on top of the bigger disk at top of face plate to draw thread into - forcing the thread into the disc on the side closest to you. Don't wrap the thread around the disc, just go through the top slot and between the discs on one side, down into the tension pulley from right to left all the way around the tension pulley, now go down to the staple like thread guide near the bottom of the face plate - there is a spring in that thread guide that will catch the thread when you start to sew -, now up to the take-up thread guide threading from right to left (from the front), now down to the last thread guide on the face plate above the needle! Through the needle from left to right!

I'll try and get a photo and post it later! I hope this helps! Just remember this is one of those machines where the thread wraps all the way around the tension pulley. The thread will actually cross itself after wrapping around the tension pulley, through the long staple thread guide with a check spring in the middle of it, back up to the take up thread guide - NOW it will cross itself as you go back down to the last 'c' thread guide.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 09-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.