Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM
irishrose

Cindy. I mailed Sept and Oct today. The success of finishing your quilt will help with you depression - a job could help more. I tell people recycling begins in the grocery store - making choices that are less packaged - I think the same could be said for weight control - making good choices at the point of purchase. I can't eat chips if I don't bring them home, etc.

meanmom - love the duct tape on the cookie container. Will you share the recipe? I need something new to bake for others.

Laurie, three pounds by the 11th is wonderful.

SewNso, Yes, I qualify. I don't think my Medicare Advantage/Priority will pay and I don' think regular SS will, just SSI if that's the one that's for people who became handicapped before retirement. My best bet in this area for help with the cost is Council On Aging. It's about 2 hours for about $50, but I will have to pay a portion because of my income. I already use their snow removal, though they don't do any unless 5 inches comes in a short period of time. Cumulative doesn't matter. It might work if I have someone do the cleaning while I do the decluttering. I really don't need anything deep cleaned, just routine.

My weight is holding at the 5 pounds the antibiotics put on me. I think my doctor has the dosage way too high and for too long. Maybe I won't gain 35 pounds in 14 days.

I have to work on the baby quilt tonight. A lot going on in the next few days so I can't put if off. any longer. I am considering scrapping the bazaar quilt and finding an less time consuming pattern. Or skipping a quilt and make casserole carriers. Decisions, decisions.

Furgirls are waiting. I took them with on some errands today, but they haven't been walked, so goodnight.