View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM
wesing

Hello friends. Our friend loved her quilt and was able to use it for a few months. As her disease progressed, it ended up being too heavy and she had to stop sleeping under it, but she still enjoyed looking at it. We moved her into hospice on August 10, and she passed away on August 14. We were able to spend a lot of time with her at the end, and we were there with her when she passed, along with her grandchildren and her son. We certainly miss her, but we know she is in Heaven with her Savior and getting reaquainted with her husband, who preceded her 20+ years ago.

The quilt came home with us for safe keeping and to be laundered, and eventually will be re-homed. I must admit that both Kim and I are hoping her son will offer it back to us; time will tell.

I appreciate all the prayers for Mom Allen; she is perfectly healed now. I also appreciate the well wishes and comments on this project, because we probably had more emotional investment in this quilt than we have in any other quilt we've made. It served its purpose and that was a wonderful confirmation to us.

Thanks again and Best Wishes to all.

Darren