View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Edie

Default JoAnn's has done it again...............

I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate the JoAnn Fabrics in Roseville, Minnesota (by Rosedale). I was in the other day loading up on what I needed (especially now since prices are skyrocketing all over the place and winter is a'comin'). I needed some white on white and ecru on ecru for sashing and background color in my quilts and thought, end of bolt! So I grabbed up some fabric that had the least amount of fabric on the bolt and this wonderful salesperson at the cutting table explained to me the secret of buying end of bolt fabric. I came home with about eight yards of different designs and saved a "whole bunch of money"! I also had a 40% off and rather than (for my convenience) cut two double sizes and two coverlet sizes, she told me to cut one big piece and save the 40%. It also eliminates a lot of coupons, some of which you can't use anyhow!!!! I did spend a tidy amount of money, but I got enough to make at least four quilts and now I can honestly say, I am looking forward to winter!

I have a bookcase here full of fabric and I am going to use a lot of it. I have a birthday coming up and my sister said "What would you like for your birthday?" "Fabric - fat quarters." She gets me the most gorgeous pieces of fabric. And they all compliment each other. Some of them I hate to use. But I do - for a special block!!! Ever just like to sit there and look and feel? That's how I get sometimes.

So, anyhow, I just wanted to say that the people working at the cutting table at my JoAnn's are the best in the US. They know what they are doing, they know tips, they know coloring (if you are in doubt about a color), they are quilters and I just think they are the greatest.

Happy Quilting!!!!!

Now, if you will excuse me I am going to sit at my sewing table and sew me up a few blocks before the day starts. Edie