Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
joyfuljan

Default Whether to buy used BL Ellure or something else??

I have been searching for the last few weeks for a new(er) machine to replace my 15+ year old singer. My sewing is primarily clothing and crafts with a quilt thrown in a couple of times a year. Usually at least double size. I usually quilt with straight seams with a walking foot. My budget is $500 max. I know this is not a lot but that is what I have to spend. I have researched on the internet and visited my local dealers at least twice.

The Brother dealer was quite rude and told me that they only carried high end machines and offered no classes. Also refused to honor any brother warranties unless I bought the machine from them.

The Janome dealer was nice but only had 3 machines in stock and weren't sure when they would get more. Told me they would not honor warranty for a machine if I purchased it off of the internet. Also did not offer classes.

The Babylock dealer is awesome offering free classes and 20% discount of future purchases. However the throat are on the machines in my price range is too small (I think) for the quilting. They do have an ellure that was traded in for sale. I have never done any embroidery but it has the larger throat size I want. I know if I did get into embroidery that I would need to purchase a transfer box to use designs not on the machine. Question is what do you think would be a fair price for the used ellure? For those who own them how have they performed. I have read the reviews at patternreview and as many as I can find online.

I know there are machines on the internet such as the Brother PC-420 that meet my criteria but I am concerned about servicing / warranty if needed.

To add to all this my daughter's wedding is 9 weeks away and I am feeling pressured to get something so that I can get her dress made.

I apologize for the long post but would so much appreciate any input / advice. I am feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Blessings,
Jan