Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Yarn or Fabric

Question Any Sunshine 16 Sit down model owners out there?

I've been contemplating my next machine purchase... I could go with a Juki 2010 for about $900 or maybe a longer throated commercial machine although that would have to stay put in the craft room lol. Not like I can take that to quilting days with my guild...
Or I could possibly go with something like the Sunshine 16 sit down....

I really don't want a frame set up in my craft room. I had one and it was a giant paper weight. It sucks up too much space for the amount of time I'd actually use it. I don't intend to ever quilt for profit so it's just me and my own hobby...

I have considered a HQ Sweet 16 but I don't see what my extra $4k investment would get me over the Sunshine 16. Same goes for the Fun Quilter and the George - they're all A LOT more money than the Sunshine.
I don't want a Bailey. I had one on a frame. I really do want a taller machine if I'm going to go with something other than the Juki... so that leaves me with Sunshine which I have to admit I have not test sewed it yet and I would before I commit. They're about a 4 hour drive so it's a doable trip...

I read that there are a few people that have purchased them. I'd be curious to know how long you've had it and what you think so far...