Thread: Moda Warehouse
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
jillybean

I just went to United Notions/Moda in July. Yes it is AC . You do need a tax id, you can take 1 guest with you.
There are discounted bolts in front entry to warehouse-running from $2.65 yd on up. Good for backings but mostly prints. These are orphan fabrics.
They do have some odds and ends pieces of current fabric-that may or may not have a flaw. There are some bins of
orphan items and not on a bolt

It is a jaw dropping experience when you see the stacks. Some days there will be full shelves and other times shelves may be sparce. Most of the bolts run from 6 yds to about 11. They have a price on average of around $9-10 yd. You then take about 40% off. There are no cheap bolts unless you scour and find one with 4 or 5 yds.
There are certain lines that they will not let you buy : ( because there may be an order from LQS.
There are some Alexander Kaufman pieces.
Then you go to the notions section : ). You can buy some single items-rulers scissors, but some you have to buy multiple-they are also about 40% off. Threads and you would go crazy looking at the pattern books and individual patterns-good prices. Just think of a super Joanns!!
And there is the min. purchase but its not hard to reach. I think I spend about $250 and the friend who is the member spent around $500. She is a LAQ
Now that you have slapped me aside the head-its a fun day-but they do close early-not open on weekends.
As long as you have the tax id with a business named-you should not have a problem.
Jill