Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 AM
jillaine

All of you still reading: I have a question for you. I've been pondering whether or not I'm going to host this swap again next year. (I'd do the same time table: start after the holidays; delivery by 1 July.) And I'd like your feedback on something.

Not sure if you all know this, but this is the first swap I've ever coordinated and only the 2nd swap I've ever participated in. I had a LOT of fun making matches. It was so amazing that, for the most part, based on the information you initially provided me, I was able to find pairs who wanted to make what the other wanted to receive. That said, the keeping track of you all was pretty tough (as so many of you know). And frankly, although this community has come through with FLYING, bright, screaming colors to ensure abandoned swappers are getting a quilt, each time someone was abandoned, my willingness to consider doing this again plummeted.

Then one of you, offline, recommended that IF I do this again (and it's still an IF), I consider setting it up as a centralized swap, where instead of pairing you all up and you're on your own (with my nudging) to get quilts to each other, that instead, you make the quilt and send it to ME, and *I* take care of making sure everyone gets their quilt. So I'm thinking about that and would like your ideas and reactions about it.

Thanks!