Old 09-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Miriam, don't you dare get another Pfaff, cause I'd just have to buy it from you!

Charlee, I know you are like I am - not a lot of space for storage - but, I'd dicker and get that Pfaff! With no power cord or bobbin, you should get them to come down. Darren is right, Pfaff's can be turned around and sold real easily. I'd get the machine anyway, and watch E-bay for a power cord. It probably takes a normal Pfaff bobbin. I have 6 Pfaffs and between all of them there are only 2 style bobbins, but they all take a different power cord. You remember the Pfaff 260 I bought from Miriam didn't have a cord? I bought a generic power cord and foot pedal from Sew Classic for $20! If that machine were here, I'd get it - but, you all know I am partial to Pfaffs!

Nancy
That's true, Nancy. Yours was rewired to fit an easy to find cord. Maybe the machine Charlie is looking at has also been similarly rewired by a U.S seller? The plug in the machine is very specific to Pfaff cords and very hard to get an inexpensive replacement. However, some smart people rewired some of the vintage Pfaffs to work off of cords that are easier to obtain. It sort of depends on how this machine is set up and wired...

Miriam, Pfaffs have their own bobbin case like all European makers.

I also agree with Nancy, that the Pfaff probably would have still come home with me for that price!

Last edited by Candace; 09-13-2012 at 06:36 AM.