View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
mzzzquilts

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
In the last two weeks I've been trying to clean up a lot of my PMs and other subscribed threads in settings. But one button I don't use and don't know what it does is the last of three actions you can take at the bottom of a thread. First is "reply", second is "reply with quote", third don't know what it does. Also can someone explain how they "bookmark" without going thru and subscribing to everything they comment on.
1st question, I used "Reply with Quote" so that you knew I was replying to your question (because your post also shows is mine)....had other people posted in between your original post, this lets you know that it wasn't in response to that person's post. Confusing answer but best I can come up with lol. Not sure about that 3rd option, I've never used it, perhaps it puts everybody's posts in with a person's reply.

2nd question, go into general settings and look for "Default thread subscription mode" and change it to "Do not subscribe". Then it won't automatically subscribe you to each post you comment on, you'll have to do each one that you do want to subcribe to at the time you comment or come to one you want to subcribe to using the "thread tools" link above the post.