View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
brendapm

I'm a multi-project person, too. I have one quilt in a frame I am hand quilting. Can't hand quilt 8 hrs a day, so I work on something else as well. I have a scrappy Birds in Air that I just sandwiched and think I will quilt on the machine. I stay with my mother 2 days a week, so I have a crib quilt I am hand quilting on a hoop which I keep at her house and work on there. We just had a Northcott show at my LQS and I found the fabric I wanted to a pattern I had bought - at 20% off. So that project has the fabric bought, but I won't start cutting till I finish one of the other quilts. I also have a stash I have been collecting for the Pick and Choose quilt which was in the Better Homes & Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting June 2009 issue. I think I will be cutting that one next. I bought the backing at that sale. I also purchased a beautiful rose fabric with 6 inch pink roses about 18 months ago. Saw it and knew my grandaughter would love it. I take it out and look at it every now and then, but the inspiration for the quilt is not coming. So three in progress, two patterns & fabric in hand, waiting to be done, and one in the mental planning stage. Not too bad, but I think I will stop there. I think most quilters have more than one project going at a time. I don't believe in the quilt fairy. I do believe in inspirational dreams and looking at lots of quilts. Thanks to everyone who posts pictures of their quilts here.