Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Whigrose

Hm. How would sending quilts to a third party prevent or alter the actions of 'a few folks'? I'm thinking this would be unnecessary work for any Swap Momma and unnecessary costs for participants.

The few swappers that went MIA for a while but eventually stepped up (hopefully with an explanation to their partner and Swap Momma) could be overlooked, but the folks that just disappeared or did not produce should definately recieve a red flag among the moderators andlist owner and not be allowed in future QB swaps IF they haven't righted their wrong.

Unfortunately there is no 'one size fits all' answer for a situtation like this. Over all the swap was highly successful. Perhaps part of the committment when folks sign up is contact must be maintained with swap partners weekly. Any breach of communication longer than X# of weeks could be a flag (unless the absence was discussed previously between partners such as vacations, illness, business, school, etc). Then after XX# of weeks without contact between partners put plan B into action.

Not wanting to be a stickler here but I do not believe I would particpate knowing there was a second postage involved.

best,
d