View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Sambelina

I can confirm that every piece of fabric I received was labeled, and if I had received all the fabric I needed each month, I probably would have recovered from the bad start to the program. A sampling of the issues ...

Monthly kits were missing fabrics. The pattern distributor confirmed that the cutting instructions were at fault. I can deal with mistakes - they happen. I didn't like waiting six weeks for the missing fabric to arrive. They elected to send the missing pieces with the next month's kit and then inexplicably delayed sending that kit for two weeks. And oh, by the way, adding the missing fabrics to that month's kit put it over some weight limit so it had to come priority mail. Yeah, it's just a couple of bucks, but the message of that bothered me - hey, you get to pay for the privilege of receiving your fabrics late.

The program was repeatedly delayed with little to no communication from the shop. It was supposed to start November 2011. We got an email that there was a problem with the fabric - a delay from the supplier - and they would ship an "alternate" beginning in December. They did not do that and there was no communication from them about the program until the first kit showed up in May 2012.

That's the way the whole thing has been - a very strong feeling of "get in line; we've got something else to do while you wait."

Yuck.