View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM
blueheavenfla

Actually the LQS "Queen Anne's Lace" has closed. I think that was about 4 months ago. It was a lovely store but Kissimmee is more of a tourist area.
I have OA, rather severe, and have few days that I am really in pain. Having lived on both coasts, I would choose the area where I live now (EAST coast) if I had it to do all over. While I know that is just my opinion, I think that if Florida is for you, you would like this area and have less pain here than inland. Good Luck and success in finding just the right place and that you will be as happy wherever you choose as I am with where I live.
Donna

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
I would say do your research. I lived in Orlando for 20 years and did not like the heat and humidity. Moved back to NC. Now in Tenn. Because the housing crunch hit Florida so hard, you should be able to find a house easily. Just to your research. Sinkholes near by? Don't buy near there. Don't live anywhere near the coast. Lightning is horrendous in Fla. It's the lightning capital of the world. Kissimmee has a lovely LQS called "Queen Anne's Lace". Hope it it still in business. Aiken, SC is a lovely, growing town that you might investigate also. The temps are easier to manage. 2 quilt shops there and antique shops and horses out the Wazoo. Go for it and enjoy the change.