View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 PM
imjustme

I am trying to get a heads up without asking them. I am leaving out the details cause I don't want to upset anyone. My husband and I first agreed to try to take in the child temp. til his mom can get him back. His mother is my cousin. He has been living in foster care for 6 months. They went to court the other day and they told her she will not get him back at this time- the next court date is in Feb. They told her they will most likely terminate her rights. Child protective services then asked me if we would adopt him. I told her I would have to get with my husband. Well he said yes- so they are running our background and will do a in home inspection. After all that and if they believe that we are right for him then they will place him in our home. I get to go see him tomorrow for a 1 hour visit. He will be 3 years old in 2 weeks. Anyway what are they going to look for as far as an in home inspection? I have been deep cleaning and trying to organize like crazy. I don't want to miss something that would take longer to place him here. Anything you can tall me would be great.
thank you