View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Irish5

I remember having problems when I started. Make sure your panto has a partial design on it for the next row. If it doesn't you can trace off the very top of the panto (about 2 inches) and then transfer that to the bottom of the pattern. Your table acts as a tracing table if you put a lamp under it. Once you have this done, advance your quilt to the area to start your second row. Baste the sides down first. Then find a spot on the bottom of the row where you just quilted and realign your laser to match that spot. I then just make sure that my laser is following the panto with my stitching. Once this is done move your laser to a spot on your panto where you partially traced the design for the second row. (This will move your machine to an area on the quilt which has not been quilted yet) I pick out a point or something that is easy to spot, lock your machine so it doesn't move and then move your laser to the same point on
on the pattern. Unlock your machine and just follow the pattern with the light checking to make sure you don't cross over the previous row you stitched and everything lines up. I found this to be one of those things that just gets easier the more you do it.