View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Scakes

Cool My Monster Quilt - making progress

Good morning. The Monster Quilt isn't done but I'm making progress and thought I'd share some photos. (MY computer was in the shop for over a week so I had time to sew.)

There are 3 pictures - top half of quilt; bottom half; and then the whole top with the sashings.

I am planning on a small (2" maybe) black border around the outside. Then a wider border ( 4" - 5") made out of strips of scraps from all the fabrics in the quilt. Binding will be black.

Can't decide what to do with the back. I don't have enough of any one fabric from the quilt to use as backing so I'm thinking big squares or rectangles of fabrics that are in the quilt - a pieced backing. There is an extra monster block that will go on the back plus the label.

Hope everyone has a lovely quilty day.

(The first two photos ran together when they posted. Not sure why. I should have trimmed the photos off first also. There are 5 blocks in each section for a total of ten. Disregard the extra parts please.)
Attached Thumbnails monster-quilt-top-half.jpg   monster-quilt-bottom-half.jpg   monster-quilt-w-sashings.jpg  

Last edited by Scakes; 09-14-2012 at 03:32 AM.