Thread: Secret santa
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 AM
grann of 6

I just HAVE to tell a little story about last year's Secret Santa package, and the post office. My area I live in here is a small community that everyone calls a "Village". My mail carrier rings the doorbell one Saturday morning....I saw her car in the driveway and thought it was strange that she was ringing the doorbell, she just usually leaves the packages on my little table by the door. So I answer the door and she is standing there with a big grin on her face and the package in her hands, saying, "You have a package from Secret Santa!!!!" I just started laughing and had to tell her what we were doing. Well, a few days later I go to the post office to mail a package, and the postmistress says, "I heard you got a package from Secret Santa!!! What did you get?" So I have to tell the story all over again.. Then a few days before Christmas, I took them all a BIG tray of cookies to share, and she wanted to know what was in my Secret Santa package. The postmistress is also a quilter, so she says she lives vicariously through me.

Anyway, the postmistress says, just putting SECRET SANTA and your address is fine. But you HAVE to put your full address.