Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 AM
AlienQuilter

I bought some last night during the class. It's 24" wide. It's not meant to be used for the whole quilt. We are using it behind the blocks that have the decorative stitching on it. Does not add a lot of bulk like regular batting but does add some dimension to it. We cut a 14" square and spray basted a 14" square of background batting to it and did overall quilting on the piece. First block has a simple one inch grid quilting. Then we used heat n bond lite to attach the flowers and leaves to the background. Did not have time for the decorative stitches. That's my homework. This class meets once a month for 12 months. After I do the decorative stitches, I'm to square it to 12 1/2" then add the borders to the block. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's block next month. We are all using different fabrics so it will be like a quilt show. I'm using 30's prints and the lady next to me is using batiks.

I was able to buy it by the yard at $4.99 a yard. Did not want to buy a roll since I was not sure at the time if I would use it enough to buy a roll.