View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
dcurvey

I have Quilt Design Wizaed. I am new to quilting and wanted something to design laptop quilts for the group I belong to , we make quilts for people with cancer. It is a very basic simple program. you can choose blocks from the library or download free projects from the site but then must 'save' these additional blocks to use them again. Same with the fabric, if you download a free project you get sample fabrics BUT it is not automatically added to the program library. Based upon my limited experience, quilting for about 1.5 year, I hit it's limitations quite quickly. You cannot design blocks. You can play with layouts. Under "taylor this layout" you can change the size of a quilt by using the size coordinates at the bottom of the screen...ie..smaller block size or less blocks across.

It does print out the layout, yardage, templates and very rudimentary rotary cutting designs. I find the rotary cutting layouts hard to follow compared to what you would find in a book..then again I am a beginner. You have to select each block and print out the cutting for it separately. Also you have to figure out how to piece the item.

The last word...as a beginner I find it useful, with more experience I would go for the EQ5 or 6.