Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by vicki reno
My advice would be not to worry about scale. The whole thing is make believe so just make it in such a way that is pleasing to you. It is an art quilt and as such there is nothing in any rule book in existence that says it has to be accurate. If it looks good to you, and you enjoy it, thats what matters. I for one missed the train that handed out creativity but have lots of opinions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not trying to knock you down 'cause you do make a good point, but I think it'd look pleasing if it was accurate. I thought at one point about making the islands fill up a lot of the block, but then I'd end up with this continent looking thing. It just wouldn't be a "sea map" anymore. And it wouldn't fit in the story...was once the prosperous land of Hyrule, evil came (again), hero who stopped it before didn't come so people pleaded to the Gods for help, Gods answered by creating an endless rain and buried Hyrule underneath a vast sea and put some important people on mountain tops which became islands.

The Great Sea is HUGE and has 49 different islands and none of them are remotely close to each other....you probably spent about 1/3 of the game in a little sail boat getting from one island to the next. I just think to accurately depict that it has to be to scale (an island will fill up about 1/25 of a block :? ).