Old 09-14-2012, 03:28 PM
vintagemotif

As most of you know, I like to go off topic from time to time. I'm not going to be talking about my sewing adventures today, like bra making. Instead, I'm talking about my day spent cleaning my front loading washing machine.

I have this habit of forgetting to clean the dang thing (might have to do with quilting projects and vintage sewing machines).
Well, today I remembered that the machine was long over due for a cleaning. Yes, I have some mold issues now because of my neglect. So I cleaned the outside of the gasket, then took a break to find a couple of tutorials on cleaning front loaders. Well, to my surprise there is another world hidden behind that outer gasket....and eeks! I found a sock that was growing slime and covering the drainage holes. Yes, my bad. In the thorough cleaning, I wasn't going to miss one hidden fold of that gasket.

So the moral of this story is this: when cleaning your front loader after you are finish washing for the DAY, please make sure you get all those hidden areas clean and dry; otherwise, the mold will find ya. Next washer will not be a front loader.

The End.