Thread: My projects
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Grandma Jane

Default My projects

It took me a year and a half to complete a quilt for my son Andrew, who lives in the Netherlands, because I was traveling so much for work last year. But I completed it while he was home for a visit in June. It is the pattern Thinking Outside the Box - I had seen it hanging in a quilt shop in Fountain, CO and fell in love with the pattern and thought it would be just the thing to brighten my son's apartment in Amsterdam. I did the long arm quilting at a shop that rents LA time. Not quite as good as I would have liked, but I did it myself. I failed to take a photo of the back which was pieced from all the left over fabrics, which turned out quite nicely as well.

The D9P is not quite finished yet - still have to bind it and make a label for it. This one was made this summer and was a collaboration with a co-worker and is for my administrative assistant who is getting married today. She will receive it when she returns to work after her honeymoon. The colors in her bedroom are graphite and aqua. The blue in the quilt is really an exact match of the aqua and my co-worker and I thought the black and white would go well with the graphite color (we had purchased pillow cases from her bridal registry in order to match fabric). My co-worker pieced the back with left over blocks and left over black fabrics. A local LA quilter was able to quilt it in a week for us. It has a paisley border so we thought a paisley quilt pattern would work well. We think it turned out very nicely.

I am very proud of both projects.
Attached Thumbnails andrews-quilt.jpg   andrews-label.jpg   kristens-quilt-2.jpg   kristens-quilt-1.jpg   back-kristens-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by Grandma Jane; 09-15-2012 at 12:13 AM.