View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:05 AM
barri1

Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
Hi Barril: I'm so appreciative of you and your offer to help and getting the other ladies involved. When I posted this I never dreamed I would get "any" offers to help me...I was just hoping for simple patterns...but thanks to you my task sounds like it's going to be a breeze! My Niece said that she has about a dozen men in her unit, and the rest which would be 32 woman. (I think this varies due to death, transfers etc.,) I would say the size could be any where from 36 x 30 to 36x 36 for lap quilts, maybe even put on a couple of those pockets you were speaking about if you don't mind parting with them. Anything you want to make will be a huge help and just so appreciated by myself and I'm sure the receiver. You are a blessing!
Hi Linda,
I guess you really didn't have a clue how wonderful the members of the board are. They are awesome.
I saved my flannel, and denim scraps from quilts, as I didn't want to waste. This is a perfect project for them. The men will love them. The pockets are for the back of the quilts to put what they might want in them. I have more scraps for the women too. There were a couple of generous board members that sent me scraps, as I am making a postage stamp quilt, and don't want to use duplicates. I started collecting the pieces about eight months ago, and thought it would take me forever to amass enough.. How wrong could I be. The members have come to the rescue. I can't start the PSQ until I finish a major project, and work on your quilts. I am pysched..