Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Don't know about a mid arm being portable. I'm guessing that you would need to take it down and put it back up when you need the space? I hope that you have someone with muscles in the background ready to help! My 18" long arm head weighs 75 pounds and while you are looking at something a bit smaller, it will weigh more than your sewing machine. Also, the frame will need to be re-leveled each time it's set up again, especially if you have a stitch regulator system, not a big deal but something to consider. I would really see if there is room somewhere in your house to set it up permantly. I purchased a used setup, with a 10' frame from a dealer. It was set up in the showroom. I paid an additional fee to have them deliver & install it at my house. Even with the frame being partially assembled and 2 guys knowing what they were doing, it took them about 3 hours to get it set up and leveled. Don't know how much time it took them to take it apart at the showroom. Don't want to sound discouraging, but your comment on it being 'portable' was an important comment to me. Oh. They do sell frames on wheels so you can move it a bit to the corner of the room, or against a wall. That might work.