View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM
jaba

Not real sure yet "-brat" but the plan is, it's only on paper so far mind you, to cut out 7" octagons, cut in half, add about a 3 1/2" half of an octagon to each side, then the finished placemat would be 12 X 18. They won't all go into placemats, probably sets of 6 - 8 fruits and the same for vege's, then it would take 2 or 3 to make a table runner. I had about 6 or 7 different fruit and 5 or 6 different vege's and enough material for 3 of each pattern , so I'll be able to make at least 3 sets, 1 for me and 1 for my 2 daughter in laws. There was no reason just thought they would be different and kind of cute for summer. I always use table mats, think that probably came from my mother. She absessed over how the table was set especially for holidays, gees and I do the same thing, takes me hours so it looks just right. Stupid I know, but such is life. At first I bought fabric just to make a jar quilt, thought they were cute, then decided I really didn't want to cuddle up with jaelpeno's across my bod so what was I going to do with it now. whala....placemats