View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Missi

Hi gang I was PMing with another board member about swapping 1.5" squares and we thought there might be enough interest to get a swap going. So here are my thoughts and what I am doing with another group.

We will swap sets of 50 1.5" squares from different quilt fabrics cut into 1½ inch squares. Please send what you would like to receive. You can cut your charms from yardage, fat quarters or from your scrap basket. As long as there are 50 different squares in each pile you are OK. You can swap as many sets as you want. The more members who want to swap the more we will be able to trade. For this deadline lets swap 6 sets.

It seems to work best if you put the little squares in zip lock baggies the snack size. Also what I do is every time I cut fabric I cut a 1.5" strip for my little squares. When I cut that strip into squares I drop one square into a plastic baggie. Kind of a collect as you go thing.

This is quite a bit of cutting and lots of us get our squares from scraps, etc. So here is my idea/plan. Lets only trade "officially" four times a year. I think we can get one trade in before the end of the year. So how about we have our first sets due to me by December 9. I will then swap them out and send them to you. We can plan on another swap in March.

If you are interested let me know, and how many sets you think you would be interested in trading. When you send me your sets send me a SASE with enough postage for me to send you the same number of sets you sent me.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!