View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:22 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kauailover View Post
Hi. I recently purchased a Gammill and even tho I LOVE it, I have alot of questions and my local rep is not very helpful. My current problem is the threads on the bottom of the quilt occassionally has loops. I'm unsure whether to adjust the top tension or the bottom. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Superior threads website is an outstanding resource for tension issues. This link will help you troubleshoot: http://www.superiorthreads.com/educa...-tension-works

To TexasSunshine: Dunster and crash both gave you excellent advice. I made a wish list of what I wanted and set a budget. I ended up getting my dealer's demo model Innova. One thing I would stress: I found having a dealer an invaluable asset. They set my machine up for me in my home, spent a great deal of time with me to ensure I felt comfortable with the machine, and I feel I can turn to them if anything goes wrong. I would not buy a LA second hand from an individual. I feel I would have no place to turn to for support and a LA is a very expensive investment to have that kind of frustration. But I think you have learned this the hard way with your Voyager 17. A good dealer and good corporate support are both worth their weight in gold! So keep that in mind when you do your evaluations. PS I am a very happy Innova user and they are manufactured right in your great state of Texas! You would probably save a bundle in shipping costs!