Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Hubby and I were poking around in a couple of antique stores today and I came upon a cabinet with a sewmor zig zag machine that looks alot like my Lenco. It was nicely turning, relatively clean, and in a standard little cabinet. They wanted 75 but I thought that was way too much, though I don't have another sewmor. Its been there for awhile. I was sorta contemplating going back later and making a more reasonable offer. What would y'all say is a fair price for this? I'll see if I can find a pic of a similar machine. It was way too dark to get a good one in there, and its way buried in their stuff, so I am pretty confident that it will still be there whenever I make it back.

I couldn't have taken it with me anyway because we went to lunch and came back with a 55" HDTV and leftover mexican food...I didn't have any place to put it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftybean/2540186774/ found a photo of an identical machine...
nice looking machine. you never know what you can do - I got a machine half off the other day - it was at an antique mall type place... just make an offer and see what they will do