Thread: Teacher gifts
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Pilgrim

The schools in our area have a list of supplies to bring. It's just not pencil and paper anymore. It's baby wipes, kleenex, sanitizers, glue sticks, etc. and they even list the brands of the items you are to bring. I'm sure many students in some areas are unable to provide all they are to have but some parents just don't want to spend their money on those things. Guess they never should of had children then. I bought all the supplies that my grandchildren needed this year for their parents. They were to bring 3 boxes of kleenex and I bought the huge boxes 280 in a box and sent 2 boxes. The teacher told my daughter they needed three boxes not 2. I thought I was really helping out by buying great tissues in huge boxes, rather than 70 count of cheap stuff. Honestly, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I love to give a helping hand but don't want to give a hand out to everyyone who has their hand out. I just try to do what I can. My husband and I have never gone to a movie or had a vacation and have lived very simple so I can help others. Sometimes people getting in trouble buying what they "want" and not what they "need." Quilting is my downfall but it's an innocent vice.