Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 AM
gardnergal970

Wow, mirabelle. I can't imagine getting a quilt top that complicated pieced in two days. Did you sew on it as well as your DD? It's beautiful. I can't wait to see the purple one.
The KT retreat was loads of fun. We had 21 of us. One from Maryland, one from Virginia, two from Missouri, two from Kansas...Laurie and her helper Lois, two from Iowa, Carrie and Crystal, one from Michican, 5 from Indiana and the rest were from Illinois. Threads of time is truely and destination quilt shop! Laurie was inspirational. She does such simple things that still look complicated. She uses raw edge appliqué with precuts and stacks fabrics rather than cutting and piecing. Her new book called Loose Change is coming out with her fall collection. It uses layer cakes, dimes, charms, nickels, and mini charms, pennies. Really creative. I'm looking forward to having it and working through more of my stash so between her and Bonnie Hunter I should be able to get rid of it, right? Wrong! I used my 20% birthday discount to stock up on the batting that I need to finish the quilts I've started but the next day I browsed the shop and got an armload of FQs. There are just sooo many beautiful new fabrics this fall.