View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM
GlitzyMe

Red face Names for Grandparents

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
My husband and I am having our first Grandchild. What do we have them call us?? When I say Grandmother I think old...My Grandmothers were about 54+ when I was born so growing up. I do remember no like saying Grandmother it was so unfriendly as a child. My grandmother on the other side was Meme - I don't seem like a meme either...I am not a nana...thinking Gram. My husband feels the same...so we are searching what to called. My husband said his first name but to me that is not right or respectful. Suggestions...
I chose Nana because I was so close to my beloved Nana. We had a difficult time deciding on a name for Brad. Friends had a grandchild who was about 3 and when he tried to say Grandpa it came out "Beepa". Ron called Brad and said he would share 'Beepa' with him so that's how it started. At 2 our first grandson started calling him 'Pawsie' (we have no idea where that came from) and that's what the others call him. We are Nana and Pawsie. Your are what your first granchild names you!