Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 AM
carriem

Mirabelle--I agree with Ggal, you made GREAT progress on your quilt. The yellow really pops. What accent color are you using for the purple quilt?

I too got some good FQs to add to my stash. I am going to make a couple Christmas table toppers using the raw edge applique Lynne told us about this past weekend. We got a KT Christmas mini-charm pack (2 1/2" squares) from her and I was able to find a matching charm pack on the way home yesterday, oh and bought yardage for borders too, so have everything I need but backing. I did pretty good not buying too much even though we went to 10 shops in 3 days! Maybe I will win a new sewing machine (shop hop grand prize)...wishful thinking!!

I found a cute sewing box made from an old drawer for my dd for her birthday. Then got a couple FQs to match the fabric lining to put inside. I'll add some other sewing essentials she doesn't have yet (she'll be 11 in November). I'll get a couple pictures as I unpack before hiding it...I think it will be hard not to give it to her early.