View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
jeanredner

Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
My niece who lives with me works as a CNA for a nursing home. She was telling me about some of the residents that are only supported by the state and have no family members etc., to help them with expenses for clothes or personal items. She was saying so many of them are frail and get cold so easy and have nothing to put on to keep them warm so I gave her some clothes I was going to donate to Good Will for her residents...then I got to thinking that maybe I could make some lap quilts that could also be used around their shoulders to help keep them warm this winter. I was wondering if any of you might have easy quilt patterns that I could use to make about 44 quilts with. I know of a couple but thought maybe someone might of already had done something like this, and might of worked out the kinks with really easy patterns. Or do any of you know of any easy jacket patterns...anything that would help them. I'm going to be down with a knee replacement the end of Oct. so I thought maybe this would be a good project to help others this winter for me. Thanks and all suggestions are appreciated!
I would be happy to donate fabric for the quilts,I think its wonderful that you are doing this.Please let me know the details.