View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Ps 150

Default My New Sewing Setup

Last year I moved my sewing studio from and upstairs spare bedroom to our dining room downstairs. In our family we have a rule: If it doesn't get used in a one year period, it's tossed out. In that case, it was our dining room. We stopped using the dining room when we bought a kitchen table, so I made other use of the room: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...m-t130975.html

That was my setup for so long. Then, DH was told that the store he manages was set for a remodel. He was told that the old counters had to be broken down and destroyed, but the contractor told him that he could save them. So, I ended up with a new stand that was designed to hold a display of laptops (so it was all set up for cords to run from layer to layer) and also a taller table that they used for their coffee maker and accessories. The tall table measures 30" x 36" and that is the exact measurement of my cutting mat! How perfect is that?? Before I had my serger on a table behind me and my machine on a plastic folding table from Wal-Mart. Now, they're both on the computer stand which is very stead. There's space behind and to the side of my machine so I can have room for sewing larger quilt tops.

The first photo is my new cutting table.
The second photo is my new sewing table.
The third and fourth photo is my new cutting table with the mat on it. It's being clamped as we're waiting for the cement to dry that's holding the mat in place.
The fifth photo is the island table that is my two daughters' sewing space, and it also holds some rulers next to my new cutting table.
The sixth photo is my new sewing table, all setup.
The seventh photo is the top of my sewing stand, filled with totes full of fabric, lol.
The eighth photo is the bottom of my sewing stand, where baskets hold WIP's and another tote...oh my!
The ninth photo is my design wall and another table, great for wrapping gifts.
The tenth photo is another tall, cutting table and shorter ironing mat, just to the right of my sewing station, so it's right at hand as I'm sewing.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1153.jpg   dsc_1155.jpg   dsc_1156.jpg   dsc_1157.jpg   dsc_1158.jpg  

dsc_1159.jpg   dsc_1160.jpg   dsc_1161.jpg   dsc_1162.jpg   dsc_1163.jpg  

Last edited by Ps 150; 09-16-2012 at 10:07 AM.