View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Here is my latest quilt top. I used my Singer lotus and my trusty 301. Lots of seams to match up and sometimes I just wanted to throw it in the corner. But I love the colors in it so I just kept at it. So glad it's done. It's called Ranchers Daughter and the pattern is on the net.
I really like the border! I did a Bonnie Hunter pattern like that on a lap quilt, fun to play with the block settings. The colors are very soothing to me, like being in a garden with purple flowers.

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I now have a greater appreciation for the women who sewed before electric and know why their beds weren't as big as ours today :-).

I finally finished my first quilt on my White treadle. It's not perfect . . . by far . . . and much harder to manipulate the machine and material and keep your feet going and the wheel going the right way.

I finished it off by tying it cause I figured it would be easier then trying to quilt it on the treadle. . . it was.

Anyway, here it is.
Very nice! The piecing looks good to me, and the colors are nice and cozy. What did you use to tie it?

Did you find the White very smooth to use? When I get brave enough and have enough fiddly time, I'm going to start on my White treadle that needs a lot of TLC.

Thanks everyone for the advice about skipped stitches. I'm going to try switching to a different type of needle next time and probably go back to thread basting since I did spray baste. (My back is not happy about that!)