Thread: Teacher gifts
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:52 AM
teacherbailey

Default Art teachers are underfunded too!

Originally Posted by quiltmau View Post
I wish I knew where to send crafts supplies. I had several boxes of yarn, books, hoops, wood bead, alpha beads from previous craft projects. I asked a person that worked in a local school and she told me the teachers did not want my 'junk'.
I donated it to a thrift shop and the ladies were very excited to get the items. They were not bits and pieces but full bags of bead, skeins of yarn, etc. -I tend to over by when I do crafts. I wish I had know some of the teachers here on the board as I would have paid the shipping to give them the items.
I also have the same problem with my quilts-my family doesn't want them and I love to design. I was hoping to give them as lap quilts to VN and retirement homes but have been shut down every time I ask, Same for my books.
Oh well-some one will want them
My art teacher at the school where I teach would have absolutely LOVED to have your beads, yarn and whatnot. When the time is right to get rid of your quilts and books, I'll be glad to help you find deserving homes for them. It's important to keep the cycle going by exposing our kids to good examples of creativity!