View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM
ArizonaKAT

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
I really like the border! I did a Bonnie Hunter pattern like that on a lap quilt, fun to play with the block settings. The colors are very soothing to me, like being in a garden with purple flowers.

Very nice! The piecing looks good to me, and the colors are nice and cozy. What did you use to tie it?

Did you find the White very smooth to use? When I get brave enough and have enough fiddly time, I'm going to start on my White treadle that needs a lot of TLC.

Thanks everyone for the advice about skipped stitches. I'm going to try switching to a different type of needle next time and probably go back to thread basting since I did spray baste. (My back is not happy about that!)
I used embroidery thread to tie. Still have a ton of it from a while ago when I was into embroidery.

My white treadle is a rotary from 1917. Once I figured her out (with the help of the Board) she sews very smoth. The only problem I have is the wheel turning the wrong way. So I help it out every time I start with a little push of my hand.