View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 PM
barri1

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
Yes, but please keep in mind that most of us have nursing facilities, VA hospitals, children's homes, etc. much closer to home and the money that would be spent on postage for sending things to Maryland could be better spent on more materials for our local organizations. Our guild has a very active charity effort, and most of us could easily hook up with something of that sort. The guild pools resources, such as donated fabrics and batting, so that people can donate the work without investing a lot of their own money. It's very satisfying activity, and a great way to practice skills while helping those in need.
Hi Rose_P
You are so right. If you go back on all the posts on this thread, you will find that some of us especially me did not think of the needs of our seniors. It would be great if more of us got involved with making the quilts for them. I have tons of scraps that are sitting, doing nothing. I am in the middle of working on another project, and have started working on a couple of quilts for Linda. Yes, the postage is an added expense, but I am looking forward to sending her a couple to ease her work load for her project.
I guess I don't think past my mom (84yo), and her needs. I love getting calls about her internet problems, the car needing an inspection, oil change, the items on sale at CVS, the a/c making noise, etc. I am grateful that mom is very active, and is making the most of her remaining years, due to good health.