Thread: Teacher gifts
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM
lynnie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Oistin View Post
Lynnie, it might seem your sister is making a lot of money, but she is probably working a lot of overtime and doing extra activities, probably working in the summer enrichment activities for the school district. She must be working in the big city. So cut her some slack. I just retired after 34 years and did not work as much extra as she did but I did before school enrichment and afterschool activities and I worked in the summer also. Maybe she should quit complaining an be thankful that she has a lot of activities to choose from to make extra money.Parents and officials are asking for a longer day and more activities and these require money.
As for gifts, I learn never look a gift horse in the mouth , be thankful for what you get. I know when I am appreciated by parents and when they tell me that their cjild is excited about math and don't want to miss school, that's my thanks.
Aa tually she doesnt work o.t. she says she gi es multiple guess tests with either 10 or 25 questions so she doesnt ha e to mark mu h.
She has a out17 to 20 kids in her class. When i went to s hool, i had 50 kids in the lass and we listenrd to the tea her.